Fulton County Commission Chairman John Eaves is joining a crowded field of candidates vying for mayor in this year’s non-partisan race, according to published reports.
More than a dozen candidates, including five members of the current city council are vying for the post.
So far, the field includes:
- Former Atlanta COO Peter Aman
- Al Bartell
- Animator Alex Barrella
- City Councilwoman Keisha Lance Bottoms
- Fulton County Commission Chairman John Eaves
- State Sen. Vincent Fort, D-Atlanta
- City Councilman Kwanza Hall
- Debra Ann Hampton
- Atlanta City Council President Ceasar Mitchell
- City Councilwoman Mary Norwood
- Kimberley Johnson Obasuyi
- City Councilman Robb Pitts
- Former Atlanta Workforce Development Agency Director Michael Sterling
- Former Atlanta City Council President Cathy Woolard
- Civil Rights Activist Tommy Youngblood Jr.
The election will be held on Nov. 7. An almost certain runoff would follow on Dec. 5.
The winner replaces Mayor Kasim Reed.