The Southeastern Railway Museum will showcase antique tractors and vehicles during the museum’s “Trains, Trucks & Tractors” special event this August.
The event is scheduled from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 2, Saturday, Aug. 3, and Sunday, Aug. 4. During the event, participants will display a range of antique tractors and vehicles not generally on display at the museum.
Musical guests include:
- Phil Griffin on Friday, Aug. 2
- Young Again Band on Saturday, Aug. 3
- Andy and Amanda on Sunday, Aug. 4
The museum will also celebrate the 100th “birthday” of the General II locomotive. Baldwin Locomotive Works in Philadelphia built the General II in 1919.
The event will also feature hayrides (for a small donation), and food will be available for guests to purchase. Food vendors include:
- Bill’s Grills on Wheels on Friday, Aug. 2, and Saturday, Aug. 3
- The Local Pantry on Sunday, Aug. 4
- Best Ice Cream on Wheels on Saturday, Aug. 3, and Sunday, Aug. 4
The special visiting exhibits and other activities are included in regular museum admission, and guests can also purchase rides on the museum’s restored antique handcar. Visiting exhibits will arrive and depart at different times throughout the event, and event offerings are contingent upon the weather.