ATLANTA — The Buckhead Business Association (BBA) last week welcomed its new members to its Board of Directors. The new members assumed their roles last week during the BBA’s Annual Luncheon and will serve in their leadership positions until January 2016.
The BBA’s new executive officers for 2015 are:
- President: Greg Davis, Metcalf Davis CPAs
- President-Elect: David Coxon, Georgia Primary Bank
- Secretary: Scott Reiser, Adapting Technologies
- Treasurer: Patrick Malloy, Perimeter Planning
New BBA vice presidents for 2015 are:
- Area Retailing: Marcia Jaffe, retired from The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
- Taste of Buckhead: Kelly Green, Bank of North Georgia
- Corporate Development: Grant Higgison, Aflac
- Corporate Development: Luke Waters, Edward Jones
- Community Alliance: Bob Gibeling
- Membership: Rick Hamilton, REMAX of Metro Atlanta
- Membership: Malcolm Miller, Piedmont Group
- Public Relations: Todd DeFeo, Weber Shandwick
- Public Safety: Scott Allman, Gallery 32 Dental
- Socials: Caroline Baker, Southern Proper Hospitality
- Programs: Rob Schmoll, Jones Day
- Programs: Joanne Hayes, Simply Buckhead
In addition, Chris Godfrey of HireDynamics is the new president of Young Bucks. The organization is geared toward young professionals under 35 years old.
“We’re excited about this new board and all the diverse skills they bring to the table,” said Smita Solanki, executive director of the BBA. “The new Board has a number of exciting new ideas, and we’re optimistic 2015 will be the best year yet for the BBA.”
In addition, a number of community leaders serve in an ex-officio capacity. Ex-officio members are: Atlanta Police Maj. Van Hobbs; Denise Starling of the Buckhead Area Transportation Management Association (BATMA); Randall Dragon of Jones Lang LaSalle; Jim Durrett of the Buckhead Community Improvement District (CID); Garth Peters of the Buckhead Coalition and Andrea Bennett of the North Buckhead Civic Association.
For more information, visit buckheadbusiness.org.