Special to Caboose Chronicle.com
North Georgia 912 announced the candidates that have confirmed for the Rapid Fire BBQ Candidate Forum on July 10.
The group said it invited candidates qualified by the state for local, state and federal offices to discuss their stand on issues ranging from the recently passed health care legislation to the upcoming immigration debate.
“2010 is the year of the educated voter. I’ve never seen so many people so involved in the political process; from researching candidates to getting out to meet and greet events to talk to the candidates,” event organizer Mary Adamski said in a news release. “Our members and fellow patriots from around the state of Georgia are taking an active interest in the candidates this election cycle. We are educated, we are engaged and we are motivated. We want principled and valued candidates that will truly represent us.”
North Georgia 912 announced the confirmed candidates as follows:
- Jeff Chapman and Ray McBerry, candidates for Governor
- Doug MacGinnitie, candidate for Secretary of State
- Clay Cox, Chuck Efstration, Jef Fincher, Jody Hice, Tom Kirby, and Rob Woodall, candidates for U.S. Congressional District 7
- Tom Graves, Lee Hawkins, Bobbi Reese, and Steve Tarvin, candidates for U.S. Congressional District 9
- Gary Black and Darwin Carter, candidates for Agriculture Commissioner
- Sam Olens, Preston Smith, and Max Wood, candidates for Attorney General
- Seth Harp, Tom Knox, and Gerry Purcell, candidates for Insurance Commissioner
- Will Costa and Melvin Everson, candidates for Labor Commissioner
- John Douglas, Tim Echols, and Jeff May, candidates for Public Service Commissioner
- John Barge and Richard Woods, candidates for State School Superintendent
North Georgia 912 also said it confirmed Inger Eberhart, well-known anti-illegal immigration activist and member of the Board of the Dustin Inman Society, to be their keynote speaker.
The Rapid Fire BBQ will be held on July 10th from 3 PM to 8 PM at Bogan Park, 2723 North Bogan Road, Buford, Ga. The event is open to the public. Music and entertainment will be courtesy of Phillip Rogers. Tickets for the event are available at the BBQ. The audience will be able to participate in a straw poll after listening to the candidates.